Friday, July 27, 2007

Don't Get Excited

Do you realise this is my first full week of work in a month?

[SUMMARY: I know: sympathysympathy*smack*sympathy]

Can I get a hearty TTHFCIF from my peeps? Where my knitta heads?

*bock bock*


[SUMMARY: Out of my ever-lovin' mind.]


Anyway, I did something kinda cool last night and I do have pictures, but it'll have to wait.§ The pictures are still in the camera, cozy and warm and not available for your viewing pleasure.

[SUMMARY: eca teases Marin. Marin teases the world. Kharma.]

I do have a little news, which I am deliberately posting today because it involves Ally, and Ally is currently weekending in the 80s and probably won't even see this until Monday. Serves her right for being younger than me.

See, Ally found this blog through our mutual involvement with Secret Pal 10.

It was originally nerve-wracking for me because when she started commenting here, I had to suck up all vestiges of personality when I sent her stuff.

I am your father, Luke.

I imagine she had an inkling, maybe a suspicion, possibly a gleeful near-knowledge, but let's make it all official-like, shall we?

'Cause, while it was originally nerve-wracking trying not to give myself away, it's now nerve-wracking because she apparently hasn't received my final package and it's been 25 days.

Pissing match blah blah Canadian Post blah passports blah customs blah blah delays...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Patience, my ass. I'm gonna kill something.

So this is the big reveal.

C'est moi!

I are it!

As you may have suspected!

Hope you get your package soon! If the diamonds and caviar are gone, go pound the Canadian Postal worker nearest you!

Tell him the Male Lady sent you.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): You may not get that AT ALL. It's really for Brother. I hope he was drinking something carbonated when he read it.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): No, not that. Hey! Not that either! Sheesh... I do have some standards.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Don't get excited. And there's a funny story behind that phrase: I was puttering through the mall with my cousin Tani (mother of Stupid Blanket) one day, years back, and I started a sentence and she squealed and grabbed my arm and gasped and said, "Oh my god! That just reminded me! I have something for you! I've been carrying it around and I almost forgot to give it to you and I can't believe I didn't remember and I almost forgot and I found it and it made me think of you immediately and I had to get it for you and I have it here and...!!!" Then she opened her purse, looked me in the eye and said, "Don't get excited."

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Y'all know Ally. She wanted to fly to my house to save the wool from dead Marin fumes when that whole Grim Reaper vs. The Stash thing started.

No comments: