Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gonna Be a Good Day

In a fit of whimsy, I put my hair in pigtails today. That configuration puts the hair dangerously close to the armpits.

Oh, yeah. Any day you start by putting deodorant in your hair is bound to be a good day.

*************
Jo Malone – Kohdo Wood Collection: Lotus Blossom & Water Lily

Marin says: I really, really like this one... only it's so thin and it doesn't last long.

It smells like oranges, limes, very faint floral§ and a watery wood at the start. Very bright, very shiny. A couple of hours later, it's a kind of non-descript perfumey scent, like several indiscernable flowers with a very light classic aldehyde.# Five hours in, it's all gone. Not a whiff.††

The Perfumed Court says: Jo Malone's Newest Fragrances ~ The Kohdo Wood Collection ~ two Limited Edition fragrances which are inspired by the ancient Japanese incense ceremony of Kohdo where emotions are influenced according to the different nature of scents. Kohdo Wood Day% contains notes of mandarin,$ lotus blossom, bamboo$ and aloeswood and water lily.

Jo Malone says: Created as a modern interpretation of Kohdo, an ancient Japanese ceremony, vibrant Lotus Blossom & Water Lily is designed to awaken the senses and energise the soul.

Hans says: Smells like, um... the perfume section in department stores. Collectively.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Fortunately, it's easier to get deodorant off hair than a black t-shirt.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Whine, whine, whine. I don't like the stuff that makes it last longer, but I bitch when the nice smells go away. If they can put a man on the moon...

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Jasmine?

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I think of bamboo, even though I have no idea what bamboo might smell like, other than I *imagine* woody and watery.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): The more I poke around about perfumes, the more I realise "aldehyde" isn't really a scent, but I still always think of things that smell perfumey to me -- like Chanel No. 5.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Aaackkk! What if my body develops new and occasionally unpleasant odors without my perfume? Damn you, Kimberly Clark!

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Again, a different name than the perfumer gives it.

$FOOTNOTE (moneyed): Ha! Got one!

No comments: