Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's All the Racquet?

I'm tired, I didn't do my push ups last night...

But I do have a kind of funny story.

OK, I think it's funny.§

See, Dz is moving to California.# We had a going-away gathering at the Coral Room last night.

Dz used to coach at a summer tennis camp for disadvantaged children.†† Head‡‡ sponsored it, and Dz has an assload of leftover Head racquets, many of which she brought to the party.

"Maybe I can give them out like party favours," she said.

Every time someone new joined the festivities, she'd grab the stack of racquets and say, "Care for a racquet?" in a totally deadpan way. Indeed, I don't think she was trying to be funny, which made it all the more charming.

It seemed like such a delightfully oddball thing to say it continued to tickle me right up until I kissed Dz goodbye and sent her on her way.

[SUMMARY: Giggling through tears is one of my favourite emotions.§§]

Tune in tomorrow 'cause you'll never guess what I'm doing this weekend.
*************

Tea for Two - L'Artisan Parfumeur

Marin says: I got nothing but smoke. Not good woodfire or incense, but stale ashtray.

It only lasted about an hour, which is bad for a perfume, but probably good for a perfume that makes you smell like a church basement after an AA meeting.

L'Artisan says: It begins with the curling, rising steam of Lapsung-Souchong [sic]¶¶ tea. All the notes are orchestrated around the smoke$ and wooded scents to create a more fiery and warmer sensation. The sweet, fresh, spicy facets reveal the delicious delights of honey.

Both voluptuous and spicy, it is a marvellous tea for your skin!


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Hey, I just have to do it three days a week. I'll do them tonight and Saturday and I can get back to the MWF schedule I'd figured on when we started this thing. You may feel free to shame me like the family pig if I come in tomorrow without having done push ups.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Tired, no push ups and funny story are all related.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): We all know how suspect my sense of humour is.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): This isn't the funny part.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): With her boyfriend who, I think, is an actor. I find that wildly adventurous in a Hollywood script kinda way.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Or something. I think she described it as "teaching tennis to kids who wouldn't have anything else to do if they weren't playing tennis."

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Heheheheh.

§§FOOTNOTE (twisting words): All apologies to Dolly Parton.

$FOOTNOTE (on the money!): Ha! Got one!

¶¶FOOTNOTE (poking my head up just enough...): I have it on good authority Lapsang is a very smoky tea. I also have it on good authority that the spelling is L-a-p-s-a-n-g.

No comments: