Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Blogger's Dilemma†

I have had nothing to say for a week or more.

You may have noticed.§

But the Queensryche concert fomented a three-part series on concert venues, music in general and the Queensryche concert itself.

And I got new yarn.

And I'm all excited about the Ravelry Hat Attack.#

And I have a LOT more whining to do about work.

[SUMMARY: Subject matter abounds.]

Only...

We're†† closing January 31. I don't know how, exactly, but that's the plan. I have much to do and limited time and I'm hosting Book Club on the 30th‡‡ so I can't even pull an all-nighter for the final.%

[SUMMARY: Film at 2/1.]

So I figure I'll write about the concert in my vast spare time,§§ hoping to get it done before the concert is so-last-week's-news. Then I can push some off to the weekend. Then maybe next week...

[SUMMARY: I work best¶¶ under pressure.]

But the contest## was shiny, wasn't it? Did it distract you?

OK, then, go laugh at this.




I'll be back.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Could somebody tell me why I have been convinced for, say, 35 years that it's spelled "dilemna"?

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Not that that's stopped me from talking.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): You may also have noticed I'm not nearly as interesting when I'm talking about knitting as I am when I'm talking about the weather. That, my friends, is a *sad* testimony.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): All the cool kids are knitting with it...

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Though I live in terror that my assassin will be Angelique -- who lives a block away and is staying home hermiting -- and my target will live in rural China.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): And by "we," I mean, "the client."

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Yet another well-honed college skill gone to waste.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): I already pushed it a week for Queensryche. Yeah, you heard me: I rescheduled literary endeavour in favour of Theatre of Hair.

§§FOOTNOTE (dervish!): *snort*

¶¶FOOTNOTE (beat beat): Perhaps more accurate to say, "I work ONLY under pressure."

##FOOTNOTE (pounding like a tequila hangover): BTdubs -- my cousin Tani has agreed to play middle-man and send me pristine entries, untainted by personal information, ready for unbiased perusal. Yay, Tani!

No comments: