Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some People...

...will do *anything* for attention.

Yesterday's little lesson in marketing was, of course, SEX SELLS. If your beer is blah, drop the Swedish Bikini Team in to liven it up. If you got nothing to say, talk about sex.

Today's little lesson in marketing: the tease.

If your movie isn't coming out until next Christmas, tease, tease, tease. It may backfire, but the tease can generate at least a pretty good opening weekend.

[SUMMARY: Yeah, I got nothing.]

WATCH THIS SPACE!§

Tomorrow: an FO!


FOOTNOTE (crossed): And by, "you," I mean, "I."

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Or at least put "sex" in the title. I'm going to run another experiment one of these days and put one of those truly fucked up spam email titles like, "unsurpassable doxy playing with shaved pussy" or "goluptious whores" in the heading, then talk about nothing but the technical aspects of knitting a sock and see how many hits I get without actually talking about anything X-rated.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Oh, if only I could outline that in neon and make it blink...

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Hoping all the hype won't backfire on me.

No comments: