Monday, May 2, 2011

Dr. Doom and the Tongue of Steering

Now for something completely different.

Friday was Dr. Doom's birthday. As My-Former-Sister-In-Law-Let's-Just-Call-Her-Elizabeth had the boys starting Friday, our side§ of the family celebrated Thursday night.

The nephews got their Nintendo 3DSs that night. Tallest Hairiest Nephew is going to have a meager birthday in August, but I suspect he thinks it's worth it.#




This, by the way, is a family trait††:




FOOTNOTE (crossed): Thank goodness. The whole dead cat thing was too grey to leave at the top of the page for too long.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Anybody want to start a pool on how long I will continue to think that's funny? Also note, that's what I call her when I talk about her IRL. Like, with my mouth.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Plus the Wicked Stepmother, who I suspect is her own side.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): The boys also got golf clubs, and since we're heading into golf season, THN got all his big birthday presents Thursday.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Mostly because he said, "AntiM, you've made me the happiest kid in the whole world!"

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): His grandfather would have you believe it came from his grandmother's side, but I have pictures that would prove this is a homozygous congenitality. I may have just made that last word up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son did the whole tongue thing when younger. I chose to see it as charming.

I <3 Dr. Doom.

Anonymous said...

I love your footnotes, I really do, but sometimes when the posts are really long I get annoyed because I have to get the mouse on my MAC so i can scroll between the post and the footnotes. And today the mouse was ALL the way across the room. Just FYI, you made me inadvertently exercise.

Anonymous said...

I WILL NOT make a joke about congenitals!

I suspect the N3DSs made you the bestest Anti EVER.

My bro did/does the tongue thing. High levels of concentration in an artistic brain, I say.

Marin (AntiM) said...

So we have two votes for "the tongue thing is endearing" and one vote for "stop making me walk across the living room." Plus the charmingly twelve mention of congenitals.

Another successful blogpost.