Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Bunch o' Orangemen, the Damn Lot o' Ye!

To paraphrase Gerald O'Hara, Scarlett's passionately nationalist father.





I went to a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday.

I took oranges.§

I thought it was funny and more that a little clever and besides, my friends are well used to the weirdness, the "I think I'm funny"-ness, the stunning ablility to outclever myself and *still* nobody would indulge me and act like it was half as clever and funny as I thought it was.

I never even got to explain how we could all be Irish Republicans and PEEL the oranges and EAT the oranges in symbolic solidarity with our Irish Republican brethren.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): He was probably drunk at the time.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Facebook finally pays off.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Well, clementines.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Not like me and my ilk, for those of you making faces -- these are *Irish* Republicans.

No comments: