Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How Meta

So last night I dreamed I was blogging about blogging and I kept getting interrupted as I went to gather links and there was this one link I kept thinking I got, only when I went to click "publish post" I hadn't ever got that one particular link and I'd start to Google for the right link and someone would come in the office and I'd miss again and it happened so many times I started to footnote§ it to tell the story of how many times I'd *nearly* found the link and I woke up and I started thinking about blogging about blogging about blogging in my sleep and now here I am, blogging it all and it's kinda like standing between two parallel mirrors.

[SUMMARY: Blogging is a verb.]


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Usually when I get to this point with work, I threaten to get a job at McDonald's.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I think it was to a blog.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Those who can't blog, footnote.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): And I fear that between Facebook and Twitter and blogging about dreaming about blogging about blogging I may find that tiny loose end in the space-time continuum and inexorably tug on it and unravel the whole thing.

No comments: