Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh, Thank the Cats

TTHFCIF

It's a tired Friday that started with snow, so it's kinda nice to meme and not be clever without a net.

That said, I may have a funny little story later today if things don't get too hairy to slack off and blog.

For now, on to the meme.

[SUMMARY: See? There was a point.]

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and put the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 weird or random facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to their blog.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a note on their blog.

My Tagger - Laurie

First, I'd like to commend Laurie on warning me *yesterday* that she would be tagging me today, even though I had to stay awake like a kid waiting for Santa last night, leading seamlessly into my first weird thing:§

1. I have bravely outlined my increasingly weird sleep habits here. I've slept reasonably well for a reasonably long time, so it's clearly time for some sleep trauma. About a week ago, I stopped knowing WHERE TO PUT MY SHOULDERS. I am baffled. I didnt know there were so many wrong ways to arrange one's shoulders when the lights go out.# I'm not sure what the next solution will be, but I hope it involves a crane.

2. I have secretly assigned a sex to each number and letter. Some are actually hermaphroditic and take their gender cues from their surroundings.††

3. I feel inordinately smug that Helen, my last Secret Pal, sent me a Noro striped scarf prior to the Yarn Harlot's recent canonisation of said project. It makes me feel fashion forward.‡‡

4. I mail-ordered custom cereal from New York last week.

5. I can smell when it's going to snow.§§

6. I hate the word "stink" the way a lot of people hate the word "moist," and I actually react like someone used a particularly nasty four-letter word in front of my grandmother¶¶ when someone says it.

7. I hate eggplant because it feels like a tongue in my mouth.##


Oh, the tagging part is always the hardest. Lyda and Anna-Liza.††† Donna. Kim. Kelly.‡‡‡ Karen. Yvette.

Some of you are getting tagged because I can. Some of you are getting tagged because I haven't heard nearly as much from you lately as I would like. Some of you... well, let's consider it proof of life.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Which everybody in Denver acts as if they've never, ever seen before and the freeways turn to parking lots every first snow, even though we only got less than an inch, but that entire sub-inch fell in great white wads during the very peak of rush hour, so it was scarier than we could have imagined. I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now my eyelashes are curling.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Or just coherent.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): A segueway of beauty is a joy forever.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Some would say shamelessly.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Not in the really good way. In the sleep way. I don't know if there's a wrong place to put your shoulders in the fun way, unless it's squarely in your partner's sensitive bits. I suspect even that could be fun. I'm thinking about this *way* too much.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): You're backing away from the screen right now, aren't you?

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Please don't remind me eleventy-billion people have worn the scarf before me. It taints the illusion.

§§FOOTNOTE (swirling like a blizzard): Not totally weird -- lots of people can, but so many people can't, they think I'm insane when I say, "It's going to snow -- I can smell it!"

¶¶FOOTNOTE (turning my nose up. Twice.): Internally. I try really hard not to hold my weirdities against other people.

##FOOTNOTE (pounded like a dance club beat): Again, not in the good way.

†††FOOTNOTE (double-crossed -- hey if I can count Lyda and A-L as two separate meme targets, I am surely capable of miscounting crosses): Yes, I'm counting them as two.

‡‡‡FOOTNOTE (the train tracks less taken): Remember Kelly?

Some of you may note (and I'd like to receive credit for) my new-found skill in counting to four and beyond. I owe it all to lace-knitting.

No comments: