Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lalala Stillaknitblog Lalala

Oh, yes I did. I F'd an O.

A pair of size 13 men's socks.

ANOTHER pair of size 13 men's socks.§




I fancy y'all are as sick of seeing my couch, my chairs, my porch as I am, I took the pictures at Bag Lady Katherine's house Sunday.

On her chair.#






Particulars:

Pattern: Rippling Dunes Socks by KellyK Designs††
Yarn: ShibuiKnits Sock in Pebble‡‡
Needles: US size 3
Method: Two at once, toe up§§
Size: Men's 13. THIRTEEN. And about 11" of leg. But I really liked the pattern. It's one of those that has enough mindless stockinette (four rows out of every six), but then a set-up row and a simple cable row to keep things interesting.

I am only hoping Brother has glanced at this post, seen it involved knitting and moved on. I don't need him remembering his Father's Day socks from 2005 are still unfinished while I have managed to finish two pairs for Dad.

Dad did not choose to make me try intarsia in the round. This is his reward.¶¶

Call me Spindoctor Marin.##


FOOTNOTE (crossed): F'd it's little brains out. Heheheheh.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): For those of you scoring at home, that's roughly six cubic centahares of stitching, known in layman's terms as "an assload."

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Also for those of you playing at home, that's two full assloads of stitching for a man who announced his recent engagement to me VIA EMAIL.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): You may not even care, but I like to imagine your world revolves around my knitting pictures, so I feel good about expanding your horizons.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Which has a horse.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Dad picked it out himself.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Though I thought it was Beach, hence the slightly misnamed "Low Tide Socks."

§§FOOTNOTE (what a spin): The only way to fly.

¶¶FOOTNOTE (clubbing?): And this is my justification.

##FOOTNOTE (pounded like and F'ing O): Please? I think it'd be a really cool nickname.

No comments: