Monday, November 3, 2008

I've Gone Batty†

Well, now, I was going to chat about incoming mail and how wonderful it is, but more wonderful incoming mail came Saturday and I didn't get a chance to photograph it before the camera battery died, so let's talk about outgoing mail today.

[SUMMARY: *gasp*]

I actually knitted something. This may not shock you so much, but I really haven't knit for about a month. No reason, just didn't.

But I'm back with a vengeance.§

Once I got this little guy done...




...I got all inspired and I wound up the remaining yarn for the Low Tide Socks and unscrambled what I screwed up on the Purple Prose scarf.

Who wouldn't be inspired by this little lopsided face? these sweet wings?




[SUMMARY: Awww... wookat da bat!]

I also made my very first stitch markers. Note the Dracular theme:




So the outgoing mail was almost as much fun as incoming mail.

[SUMMARY: You have your pleasures, I have mine.#]

Did you notice how I hinted there may be multiple posts this week? I bet you're thrilled.

Multiple is good.††

*************
Yohji Homme - Yohji Yamamoto

Marin says: Mmmmmm... licorice and lime. I know that probably sounds awful, but trust me, it's lovely. Similar to bay rum, but edgier than most bay rum scents because of the distinct licorice.‡‡

As the brighter lime wisps off, a powdery cocoa smell is revealed. Actually, it's very much like the patchouli in the Angel line, where the chocolate notes in the patchouli are emphasised.

Eventually, it becomes a powdery cedar with a hint of chocolate, which (come to think of it) may be a patchouli.

Oh, wait! Old books! Mmmmmm...

The Perfumed Court says: Yohji Homme is a fabulous gourmand scent with notes of licorice,$ chocolate,$ coffee,$ rum,$ cinnamon, sandalwood, amber and leather.$ And this is not just for men; ladies would love this one too. The perfect winter scent!!§§

Hans says: I smell licorice in that. And spice. Spicy licorice.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Alright, you caught me... ship has sailed. It probably started when I decided my freshman year in college I wanted a bat tattoo. I've only gotten battier since.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): That would be *gasp* as in "*gasp* how many more commas could she have possibly used," rather than, "*gasp* I simply don't believe it!"

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): The Dracula swap on Ravelry made it all possible.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I have made excellent and noticable progress on each.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Heheheheheheh.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): That's what she said.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): And because most bay rums are like Old Spice in terms of edgy.

$FOOTNOTE (on the money): Ha! Got one! OK, counting coffee + leather as books. Trust me, it's pretty close.

§§FOOTNOTE (a graphic representation of the boggling of my mind): Why? Why two exclamation points? WHY?

No comments: