Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Incoming!

You know another good way to get mail? Swap.

I suspect there's something in swapping that smacks of scrapbooking and tole painting -- something geeky in a just-so way -- but I love getting the mail.

My very own Dracula swap package came yesterday.




I kinda dig the Victoriana of brown paper packages tied up with string. Seems Dracula-appropriate.

There were munchies too.




In all my travels this Halloween season, I never saw the Ghirardelli bat-black chocolates. Also? I forgot how much I love those barber pole hard candies of the many flavours.§ I must go add them to my Secret Pal list.

And I'm very excited about the idea of pomegranate green tea. I don't know why -- teas purporting to fruit are usually disappointing, but this is pomegranate! And green tea!

There's squishy sock yarn in classic Dracula colours#:




What I believe is a dumpling bag with -- get this -- bite marks. I think that's brilliant.




I got a set of stitch markers.




I think the bats in particular are wicked cool.†† Very detailed.




We're clearly into photo-sucking season, boys and girls. I get home too late to take advantage of natural light, but I'm too greedy and impatient to wait until daylight to open stuff.‡‡

I'm NEVER going to make it to saint at this rate.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): I also dig knowing somewhere eBeth is wandering around singing that to herself.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I think we need more buzz-words like "Dracula-appropriate" and less "child-friendly" or "action item."

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Like old-school Jelly Bellies. Only without popcorn flavour.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): And with all those exclamation points, it *has* to be good!

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): In a colourway that used to be Yarrrrn, but has been dubbed by Kat (my upstream swap buddy) "Dracula's Lust." It has "lust" in it... it *has* to be good!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): I can't pull that off, can I?

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): I tried. Really. But it was like a mosquito bite -- I could try to ignore it, try not to scratch it, but eventually I gave in. I can't lie... it felt good.

No comments: