Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nuts & Bolts

That's what she said.

I have something slightly funner for later, but when I got to the comments this morning, I realised I hadn't included all those knitterly particulars on the Baby Surprise Jackets.

And I didn't apprise Sarah of the washing instructions for hers Ben's.

[SUMMARY: Bad knitter!]

The Compass Star:

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Cotton Kisses - light blue - 51 cotton/42 acrylic/7 nylon (machine wash, lay flat to dry), about 250 yards; less than one ball, but you couldn't quite get two sweaters out of one ball.§
Needle: US 5/3.75 mm
Size: between six months and one year

The NESSIL/FuSSIL# BSJ:

Yarn: Stylecraft Apache†† - thyme - acrylic (machine wash, lay flat to dry), about 185 yards; 1.5 balls.
Needle: US 5/3.75 mm
Size: also between six months and one year.

I have done my knitterly duty.

[SUMMARY: Good knitter!]

Now, do I get saint points for this, or did I lose saint points yesterday for not doing it in the first place?


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Yep. Still funny.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): You non-knitters may wish to avert your eyes or just tune in later when I give a brief treatise on pig sex.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): That's what she said. *beavisgiggle*

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Gauge is SUCH a subjective thing.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): I've waffled between the Not Evil Stepsister-in-law and the Future Stepsister-in-law. I kinda like the way NESSIL FuSSIL sounds when I say it out loud. Which I am. Right now. By myself in my office. If anybody asks, I'm going to tell them I'm speaking German.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Ravelry has scant information on this yarn, so I asked Google to help. Google didn't help much -- it doesn't even come up on the Stylecraft website, so... I don't know what to tell you. Discontinued, maybe? Perhaps I should go buy up all Showers of Flowers has to offer.

No comments: