Saturday, October 3, 2009

Guitar Hero

So I finished the Guitar Hero Sweater, only a month late.§

[SUMMARY: Go AntiM! Take your excuses with you!]






It looks lovely and serene sitting there on the hanger, doesn't it? But we all know you can't get the real sense of a guitar sweater without seeing it on its intended owner.

[SUMMARY: Quiet moments are fleeting.]

Tallest, Hairiest Nephew knows the rules established long ago by his father: you have to take one nice picture...




...so you can get to the squirrely shot.#




My favourites may be the unguarded moments, like when the nephew is concentrating REALLY HARD†† on the solo from "Come As You Are."‡‡




[SUMMARY: It's hard to pose when you're focusing that hard.]


FOOTNOTE (crossed): If you don't count the fact that I had to take it back and make the sleeves looser and longer, which only took a couple of hours.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): And posting it, posting knitting, just like I promised last week when I was begging money. A good saint-in-waiting always keeps her promises.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): I had a hand injury and the sun was in my eyes and it didn't get cold enough for a sweater until last week anyway.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Now that the mohawk is gone, he's back to Tallest and Hairiest.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Totally punk, no?

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): I can't believe he missed the tongue-sticking-out gene.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): He has the hook totally nailed, but the solo takes his undivided attention.

No comments: