Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Boxing Day

We're moving.

The office, I mean.




Oh, we're just moving to the other tower. Hans and I will even have roughly the same view we do now. We'll still be able to keep an eye on the billboard across the street.

[SUMMARY: Keeping you apprised of the important stuff.]

But we still have to pack everything like we're moving to Juneau.

As a wholly-relevant tangent, the last time I moved my residence, they told me not to bother emptying dressers and file cabinets and such. The movers brought these giant rolls of saran wrap§ and cosied everything right up.

The guys moving our office require we empty our desks and credenzas.

Several people have poked their heads into my office and said, "Are you ever going to start packing?"

"*snort*," I reply. "I don't use my desk drawers, so I really don't have much to pack. I'll toss a few things into the crates on Friday and be done with it."

[SUMMARY: Pride... fall... bad saint! Go to your room!]

So I opened the drawers I was sure held almost nothing and boy, was my face red.

You can't imagine how much perfume# was in that desk.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): I exaggerate. The nice office movers actually bring us colour-coded labels and boxes that fit onto wheeled dollies like Legos, but it's funnier if we're moving to Juneau.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): One could argue that the person tangenting shouldn't be allowed to determine the relevance, but none of you is here to help me so I made an executive decision.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): They forgot one. It's still in my garage. You never know when you'll need six miles of three foot-wide plastic wrap. Someday I may need to move bodies.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Because there is no better appetiser for a plate of crow than a good snort.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): A pile of knitting patterns too, but they can be disguised as work documents.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

any type of moving sucks.

Marin (AntiM) said...

Your wisdom is boundless.

Anonymous said...

wisdom no. Psycotic and unstable pregnant woman with bouts of brief reality pauses, yes. Only cure... alcohol

Marin (AntiM) said...

Well, yeah, alcohol would probably be helpful, but don't sell yourself short. Wisdom is instinctual - even when you're feeling all psychopreggo, your preservation impulse kicks in.

Margaritas when you're done baking this one, then?

Anonymous said...

Done... And i like the idea of preservation because there are days when I want to climb a tower with a rifle. :o)

Marin (AntiM) said...

I feel your pain, sister. Well, bell tower-wise. The pregnant thing I can only sit back and make sympathetic noises.

Anonymous said...

I could use the saran wrap for some of my coworkers, common clay of a corporation, you know MORONS.

Marin (AntiM) said...

I have enough to share, but I don't know if I have enough for all the corporate clay.

We may need a bigger boat.