Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How Fortunate




Which was just going to be a one-off smart-ass post, only I got a call yesterday afternoon from the client that gave me the Tiffany necklace a couple of years ago and she has an extra club level seat for the Rockies game this afternoon.

By the time you read this, I will be sipping a mid-afternoon ballpark beer§ and musing to myself, "Self, I wonder what the poor people are doing right now."#


FOOTNOTE (crossed): I say this not to highlight the Tiffany necklace aspect, of course, but simply for context.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Also for context, as I also went to the Rockies on her [very nice and exclusive club level seats] ticket before.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Y'know... after the four-course steak lunch at Sullivan's. With wine. 'Cause nothing warms you up for ballpark beer like a fine Chianti.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I always call myself "Self."

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Dad says the correct answer is, "Who cares?"

No comments: