Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yay, Meme!

I'd like to thank Yvette for making my blog post today a no-brainer.

I'd also like to thank my iPod for not making me look like as much of a dork as it could've.

If that Lionel Ritchie ever got out, it would be TOTALLY embarrassing.§

1. Hang Wire - Pixies
2. Seven Veils - Peter Murphy
3. Hole - Catherine Wheel
4. Messin' With the Mekon - Robert Plant
5. True - Spandau Ballet#
6. Lucretia - Sisters of Mercy
7. Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo††
8. Still of the Night - Whitesnake
9. Salsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
10. Let Me See - Morcheeba
11. La Lune - Sarah Brightman
12. Into the Fire - Sarah McLachlan
13. Add It Up - Violent Femmes
14. Rain Will Fall - I Mother Earth
15. Der Kommissar - Falco
16. Gin and Juice - Snoop Dogg
17. I Miss the Girl - Soul Coughing
18. Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
19. Golden Touch - Razorlight
20.‡‡ Over the Hills and Far Away - Gary Moore

Deep in my heart, I love this meme. I did it on Facebook and found it very pleasant. I'd highly recommend it to any of you, so tag if you want it. Just turn your music player of choice on, put it on shuffle, list the first twenty% songs (if you cheat or edit, you're missing the point) and tag anyone you want.

I'm always interested in seeing what other people listen to, so let me know if you decide to do it.

I'm leaving for The Lake in a couple of hours. This year, I may just put the old iPod on shuffle and see how that treats me.

Besides, there's the dark-corridor-in-a-horror-flick thrill that Lionel Ritchie might be lurking around every corner.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Though it did want me to list La Lune three times.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I have a GOOD EXCUSE. For our 20th high school reunion, when I was on the committee, I volunteered to make CDs for each year we were in high school (1981-1985). I (theatre geek, underachiever, fashion disaster, metal chick) picked five songs, Heidi Dowd (cheerleader, valedictorian, golden girl, mainstream) picked five songs, and I included the Billboard Top Ten for each year. Lionel Ritchie was in the top ten a LOT in those days.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): You'll all note I've decided to stop using Neil Diamond as my measure of dorkitude in music. Neil's a hero. Neil's a classic. And he's way more hip than Lionel Ritchie.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Love me some Robert Plant.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Brother says I don't like this song. "No you don't. You really don't. You may think you do, but you don't." Apparently, this embarrasses Brother more than it embarrasses me.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): This is Steve's and my song.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Then I looked back at Yvette's instructions and she only asked for 15. But if I only do 15, I don't get Snooop and that would make me sad. Gin & Juice, btw, is the only song in common between my FB list and this one. The universe is trying to tell me something. Something about gin.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): In true Marin fashion, I now find the 20 I thought I did on FB was actually 25. I'm a rebel, making up rules as I go along... if you do the meme, pick a number from 15 to 25 and use that. *ahem*

No comments: