Thursday, November 12, 2009

OMG! OMG! I WON! I WON!

The names were written on sticky notes and sealed shut.

I put them in an empty Healthy Choice pasta cooking bowl.

I shook them.

Then Hans rubbed his hands together gleefully and said, "Who's going to love me? Who are you?

*rustlerustle*

"Jay!"

"Jax," I said.§

"Jax!"

Curious George, faithful pug companion of my gorgeous and sassy cousin Jacquelyn, will be dining from a luxury pet dish while his mom's B-i-r-d Watcher's Weekly# magazines are neatly contained in their chrome cage.

Congratulations, Jax.

See? People really do win at the Rickety Blog.††

FOOTNOTE (crossed): Which afforded me minutes of entertainment as Hans tried to paw the winning entry open.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Experimental office lunch. I saved the bowl to see if I could cook my own pasta in it. It's been sitting on my credenza for two weeks under those auspices.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Apparently Hans crosses his Y's.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): From another... grandmother? Jax is my cousin's cousin, but the three of us make such good cousins we stick with the honourary cousin position. Besides, did you see how many words it took for me to explain that? And that's the short version. It's much easier to just go with "cousins."

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): I can only say that because she's far enough away not to smack me. Jax detests b-i-r-d-s. We can't even say the word in front of her -- that's why we spell it.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed: And I feel like Ed McMahon.

No comments: