Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh, The Pressure

TTHFCIF

Honestly.

I'm not even going to ask if it's just me. I have 137 blogs on my Google reader and all but maybe that dangling seven are experiencing blog malaise.

Ennui.

Meh, if you will.

[SUMMARY: Blah.]

When everybody in the office is happy at once or cranky at once or singing the blues in chorus, I blame it on barometric pressure. It's the only thing I can think of we all have in common.

It may even have some basis in reality.

But when the whole blogosphere goes "meh" at once... blogometric pressure?

Blogs were pretty blogolicious last year at this time, so it isn't back-to-school or a bandwagon-hop to football.

[SUMMARY: I'm out of ideas.]

I hope we all get better soon; this isn't nearly as much fun.

To cheer us up, some poetic spam§:

I in guava envoi marsh
CAwNaADIsAN PHaAsRMoACY SPeECIoAL
FwEMAaLE VmInAmGoRmA - $1.55
CrIvAnLnIcS - $1.96
LnEwVzIuTsRoA - $3.67
UuLwTsRwAmM - $0.43
SOeaMA - $0.47
But is steel
For be permeate rigorous nicely#

*************
I did more than the requisite push ups Wednesday night and am feeling pretty smug about my progress.†† Sunday, we'll re-assess our strength before moving on.

*************

Tweedledum - Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs (Mad Tea Party)

Marin says: Like the scenttrack to a claymation holiday special.

This is weirdly vivid and synthetic like bright red Christmas candles from Hallmark on top of Glade Spiced Wine Plug-Ins and wet, crumpled pine, but with a hint of icy air blowing behind it.

It's either surprisingly dense for something with that much space behind it or surprisingly roomy for something with that much crowded in its front room.‡‡

And because I'm getting such a strong, sweet fruity thing, I'm going to guess there's honey and some kind of tropical fruit in it... or maybe orange blossom, which can smell like honeyed fruit.

BPAL says: Absurd! Green mango,$ fig, patchouli§§ and green tea.

Hans says: Christmas tree. With hot apple cider in the background. Christmas tree decorating party.¶¶


FOOTNOTE (crossed): And, oh, I think you will.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Yes, I checked. You would probably be surprised at how well researched this blog really is. Despite my not knowing "lede."

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): I never get spam like this. Most of my spam is Canadian bank spam. I'm a little in love with Canadian pharmacy spam. Canada is just a wonderful place with all the best spam. In guava envoi marsh...

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Don't click on that. I don't know where it's been.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Engrish!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): We need a hubris pool for when the gods are going to smite me for that little comment.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Listen to me. Sounding just like I'm learning stuff about perfumes. If you could see how puffed up with pride I am that I got and USED the concept of space in regards to perfume... oh, you'd up your date in the hubris pool. You'd give me ten minutes, then run for cover before the lightning strikes.

$FOOTNOTE (on the money!): Ha! Got one!

§§FOOTNOTE (my lil' head is just SPINNING!): Such a big lightbulb, so shiny... OK, I may not have picked patchouli out, but I'm guessing people with far more scent genius than I would recognise that the patchouli is that wet, piney space behind the sugary goop. I feel like I just discovered uranium or something.

¶¶FOOTNOTE (head and shoulders above): Never have Hans and I been so in accord. Even if he didn't pick out the space behind the sugary goop.

No comments: