Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This is the Blog that Never Ends†

My favourite part of last night was when Mike Ditka said JaMarcus Russell was retarded.§

I'm pretty sure that's not very Christian or saintly, but I'm pretty sure I can scrape up some good Satan-based scripture to support my views on the Raiders.

[SUMMARY: St. Marin, my ass.#]

I did, however have a pretty saintly encounter with the push ups last night, and today they hurt.

I fear Wednesday.

[SUMMARY: I bet there's a Greek name for Fear of Push Ups on Wednesday.%]

Hans is gone to Lusk again until Friday. Let us revel in his last perfume review and count the days until he returns.
*************

One Leaf Clove - Cobalt Blends (oil)

Marin says: Ook. At first glance, it's kinda awful. There's a pleasant enough (if banal) floral with a touch of wood to it... but fighting it is a synthetic, kool-aid fruit smell, like something a four-year-old inexplicably likes in his breakfast cereal.

Fortunately, that dissolves away fairly quickly, leaving just a tangy hint in the background under a bed of soft rose cupping a light clove with maybe a touch of bitter orange. But you only get that snorking right up on the wrist -- the impressionistic distance†† is still a little sweet and definitely unremarkable.

Confession: I really loved this around midnight.‡‡ After a long day of wallowing in bed and watching football, it was a really rich, slightly dirty cocoa that made my mouth water.

Scent Scribbles says:§§ Clove, fig, juicy blood orange,$ peach,$ oakmoss and a gossamer drizzle of honey.$

Hans says: Lavender and lemon


FOOTNOTE (crossed): You'd think that some days, when I had nothing to say, I'd just shut up. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed):




§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Well, that and the final score.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): If Al Davis isn't Satan, I don't know who is.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Do saints say "ass"?

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Ectaco.com tells me ΑΝΕΒΆΖΩ is Greek for push up, but all the sites agree there are no Wednesdays in Greece. So I have Anebazophobia on Wednesdays.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): I'm pretty sure that's the important part. It's what I smell when I'm typing, for instance, or what you might smell if you ran into me at the grocery store.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): That's a long time to wait for the yummy.

§§FOOTNOTE (supply and demand curves): Cobalt Blends no longer has a description, since it was a limited edition. And now you have a good idea of why I bought it. Such a sucker.

$FOOTNOTE (on the money!): Ha! Got one! Mostly becaues I'm counting peach + honey drizzle = Fruity Pebbles.

No comments: