Monday, October 27, 2008

Tongue Bone Connected to the Pig Bone




OK... everybody who laughed at "tongue bone," raise your hands.

Everybody who laughed at "pig bone"?

We are so twelve.

[SUMMARY: Status quo. We has it.]

*************

I used to park in the $9 lot across the street from the office. I started parking at a $3 lot down the street from the office, only partly because we were recently given a parking per diem and I am now making $5 parking three blocks away.

But that's not the important part. The important part is that I have to have $3 cash every day. This led to many amusing incidents wherein I tried to make my lunch bill or grocery bill come out to a certain amount so I would get piles of ones back in my change.%

With my last paycheck, I got proactive and took the odd amount in cash and asked for ones.

So I sit some nights in front of the TiVi, carefully folding individual bills in half, in half, in half again... then paper-clipping three together. Then I put those little, paper-clipped bundles in one of the organza bags that haunts my life and carry them proudly§ in my purse.

Some of you are probably thinking what a obsessive dork I am, but I tell you all this to point out something even dorkier: someone gets paid to unfold all those dollar bills from the parking bank.

[SUMMARY: Job security. They has it.]

*************

Know one of the great things about cold weather?

Footie pajamas.

Target sells them every year sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving. They tend to go fast, so keep an eye out.#

[SUMMARY: Sexy. I lost it.]

*************

My knitting has been non-existent in the past three or four weeks.

I picked up the needles this weekend to make a bat for the Dracula swap on Ravelry. The pattern is... oblique. I need more pictures.

Or I may just have to start making shit up.

It's called making a comeback.

[SUMMARY: Skillz. I still has some.]

*************

I -- we -- also seriously lapsed on our push up quest. However, I'm going to reassess myself and start wherever I need to. I'm not giving up, just temporarily flaking out.

[SUMMARY: Ambitions. I... oh, you get the idea. I'm not sure how funny the lolcat construct is in repetitive text.]

*************

Now back to work. Werk.

Well, at least back to bossing Hans around.

[SUMMARY: Work ethic...]

*************

Tolu - Ormonde Jayne

Marin says: Elusive. It smelled like cinnamon and toilet paper (remember the Marin lexicon for scents - TP is not bad, just descriptive). A little powdery, but for once, not in a bad way. Opaque, but light, and mostly sweet, not in a bad way.

Oops. Spoke too soon. I had lilac-scented powder when I was a kid and this is a thick, nominally more sophisticated version of that now.

Dries down to a powdery-sweet dry wood.

Ormonde Jayne says: (A Peruvian†† tree resin.) Perfume treasure, this opulent velvety formulation with pure Tolu resin takes you on a sensual Oriental journey. Laced with golden frankincense and amber, the scent's core is enveloped with a heady mix of orange blossom and clary sage, while intense citrus notes consolidate the harmony.

Top: Juniper berry, orange blossom and clary sage
Heart: Orchid, Moroccan rose and muguet
Base: Tolu, tonka bean, golden frankincense and amber$

Hans says: Smoky. Not smoky-smoky... maybe it's because I had two cigars last night. Musty?


%FOOTNOTE (percented): It became a weird lifestyle thing. When I realised I was planning large parts of my shopping, budget and whole days to trying to track down one... more... dollar... bill... well, it was time for a better plan of action.

FOOTNOTE (crossed): Actually, it was $88, which is a distinctly even amount, but it was the amount that made my deposit end in two zeros.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I was kind. I told the terrified little girl at the teller's window she didn't have to count out the $25 bundles for me.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Hey, you'd be proud too if you got the change-making monkey off your back.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): It's a segueway. A rhetorical segueway. I'm sure y'all could come up with lot of good things about cold weather that have nothing to do with my pajamas.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Yes, I know you can buy them year-round on the Innernets, but it's like seasonal fruit: there's something shiny about the scarcity.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Heh. Peruvian. That one's for you, Jaxon.

$FOOTNOTE (on the money): I got nothing.

No comments: