Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm Laughing

I went to a linguistics site to translate "tacky even when wet" to Latin. I figured "tacky" would be a relatively contemporary word, so I started with "sticky even when wet." I got this:

lentesco vel ut madidus

I also figured I could reverse-engineer it to fine tune if the Latin-English translation turned out to be wonky.

So I plugged the Latin back in and here's the English translation:

to become soft or when wet

I don't need to explain why I'm laughing. You feel me, right?


FOOTNOTE (crossed): You know... if the website version of "sticky" turned out to mean "branches" or something.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Not *literally*. Trust me, I'm a little oversensitive. If you literally felt me, it'd be the high point of my week. I'd celebrate with champagne and send you a thank you note. Maybe a fruit basket.

No comments: