Friday, May 16, 2008

Where Do You Want to Go Today?

TTHFCIF

Remember the good old days when there was a crane out my window and arms on the 1999 building?




Then the crane started to sink and the arms disappeared.




For awhile, the crane hid behind the building on the Broadway side and I saw it every morning on my way in...




...but couldn't see it from my window anymore.

Now it's just a bunch of armless, craneless buildings and I have to amuse myself watching the parking lot attendant and billboard installations.




[SUMMARY: Tears in my ears.]

Speaking of...

We had another whirlwind billboard swapping a couple of weeks ago. Remember when this went up, mere days after the Think on Your Feet billboard?




Well, it was replaced by this§:




Less than a week later, *that* was replaced by this:




Hans and I agree this is our favourite billboard yet, and probably the most effective.

[SUMMARY: Apparently I'm not *that* busy.]

Man. Wahoo's Friday can't come soon enough. I missed dinner last night# and I'm starving. Further updates as the situation warrants.

Meanwhile, you have a lovely weekend.

Don't forget to eat.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Last week.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Rush hour travellers love it when you stop to take pictures at an intersection. And by "you," I mean, "I."

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Hans and I figure this brilliant (I'm being sarcastic -- I think if you want to get across the idea of "adventure," you don't post a billboard full of plants in neat rows) ad was probably put forth by the same marketing company that came up with the slogan for Mesa County (of which Grand Junction is the county seat) "Many faces, many places. One community ~ Mesa County." Hans and I figure we could open our own marketing firm and take Mesa County by storm. We couldn't do any worse.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Though it does seem to feature a heart fashioned out of spattered blood or maybe an exploding heart, which you'd think wouldn't be that compelling.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): The wine might have had something to do with that.

No comments: