Thursday, May 29, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Soft, plied wools. I love bamboo blends and silk blends, but generally don't like plant fibres. I'm not big on unplied and really fuzzy yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

The floor, a water glass, or (in the case of my interchangable needles) in the cases provided.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Technically for 30 years. Devoutly for, say, eight. I believe I would call myself advanced, though I don't necessarily like to knit really hard stuff just because I can.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Violet, lime, pomegranate... I HATE ylang-ylang.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Sort of, but I'm trying to cut back. I actually prefer salty stuff.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I don't spin. I don't intend to spin. I do like to dye (little though I've done it). I dabble here and there in other things, but wouldn't consider anything but knitting a solid hobby.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Gothic, Irish folk, certain alternative, certain hip-hop, minor keys... I don't generally care for R&B, blues, jazz or country.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple, red, chocolate, green. I'm extremely picky about orange and I like almost no yellows.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Nobody here but me and my cat. And this lamp.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, no, yes, never again.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, scarves, lace.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, scarves, lace. Oh, and a sweater and a couple of tanks/camis. Maybe some mitts from "Knitting New Mittens and Gloves." Maybe a dinosaur soon.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

YES PLEASE!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular, aluminum. I love my Knit Picks Harmony needles (both wood and metal).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

How old am I?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Orchids, skulls, pigs, pop-up books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have all the books. Seriously. I love patterns that give me a stitch pattern -- like cables or lace. I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not that I can think of.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Oh, yes. I wear a size 8.5-9 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

June 27.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

TheAntiM

No comments: