Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Cop-Out Post

I didn't even turn my computer on yesterday, so no pictures yet.

[SUMMARY: "Ennui" is so much prettier than "lazy."]

I had a lovely time, thank you all for your jealousy and well-wishes.

[SUMMARY: *mwah*!]

I learned an immense amount about modern art, cheese making,§ Cuban food, Cormo, collisions of celestial bodies,^ Central Park, Blue Faced Leicester, fringe European metal music, Amtrak, taxis in Dutchess County, humidity, tourists, luggage in subway turnstiles and expectations.#

[SUMMARY: Into the twilight, endlessly muttering.]

The way I figure it, I don't have to struggle for blogtopics for a week-and-a-half. I have my NY state of mind and the Rockies to keep me going.

[SUMMARY: Y'all are in so much trouble.]

Until I get my blogshit together, allow me to turn you on to some odd European niche metal:

Rhapsody of Fire - Italian operatic metal. Ten minutes. Worth the time, if for no other reason than the four-minute preamble by Christopher Lee and the bridge by same.

Finntroll - Finnish troll metal% sung in Swedish. Begs the question, "Yes, but do they take *themselves* seriously?"

And this little time waster I've been saving for a sub-lick-the-pig sort of day like today: Fly Guy.

[SUMMARY: Smoke and mirrors... hey! Look over there!]

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I have to go start setting up to try for Rox tix.††

Tomorrow, maybe even pictures. Depends on the level of *cough* ennui in here.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): In aggregate, not necessarily piecemeal.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): At least a good, solid confirmation of what I do and don't like and what pisses me off.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): You read right.

^FOOTNOTE (careted): Don't get excited -- not even remotely C-battery or rug burn related.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Home of Rhinebeck.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): There will be no surprises about the conclusion to which I came, but you may be surprised about the disappointments that precipitated the hackneyed and totally self-helpesque inner conversation on expectations. Don't hate me because I'm obvious.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): You read right.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Did I say that out loud? I meant WORK. I must get to WORK.

GO ROCKIES!

No comments: