Friday, November 9, 2007

If You Don't Teach Them at Home...

...they'll only get it on the streets of Ravelry.

TTHFCIF

funny pictures


I've been playing medical chairs with Kaiser Permanente for the last week. I had an appointment yesterday.

The good news: I lost 60 lbs in about a year.
The bad news: I gained 10 back in the last three months.
The good news: I lost 5 in the last week.

[SUMMARY: I deserve a cookie.]

The good news: I got paid yesterday.
The bad news: They towed my fucking car% *again* and I'm going to have to shell about 400 bones to free it.
The good news: I have a ride to the impound lot.§

[SUMMARY: I need a cookie.]

The good news: It's Friday.
The bad news: Seriously, I can't think of anything bad that it's Friday.
The good news: It's Friday!

[SUMMARY: Gimme a cookie!]

Meanwhile, back at Ravelry...

I was actually starting to get... well, not bored, so much, as... um, I was starting to take it for granted. I'd explored, stashed, queued, posted, made friends, joined groups... old hat.#

[SUMMARY: Like knitting your seventh pair of plain ribbed socks.]

Then I realised just how much is there I didn't notice before.

A discussion on huge queues brought me to the "friend activity" tab,†† which shows you what people you've deemed your friends‡‡ have queued and stashed and such.

[SUMMARY: Like your eighth pair of socks being two-at-once on two circs.]

And "friends' blogs" which is a handy place to click over to... friends' blogs.§§

[SUMMARY: Like your ninth pair of socks being Cookie A socks.]

And exploring OTHER PEOPLE'S queues and favourites and such.

[SUMMARY: Like your tenth pair of socks being from New Pathways for Sock Knitters.]

And discovering Stephanie Van der Linden via Moxie Knits' queue...

[SUMMARY: Like your eleventh pair of socks being Stephanie Van der Linden socks.]

Aaaaaaaaand we're back.

As Kelley says, I may have to touch myself.



FOOTNOTE (crossed): The discovery of Brother's BBQ has done me no favours.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): This is so very not the car's fault. I'm an idiot and a dolt and an unmotivated fool. That blue Saturn was my first new car. It served me well and remains one of the best used cars on the market, meaning I actually have decent resale prospects. But I had to throw the word "fuck" in there just so you'd know the depth of my disgust on this. I have only myself to blame. Fucking me.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): While I'm tempted to just let the City and County of Denver keep the damned thing, I seem to remember my knit-charting software is in the back seat.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): I know it seems I'm reaching, but at least I don't have to ask my dad again.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Yes, we were.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): New hat! Red hat! Blue hat!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Also a greater understanding of the use of queues and favourites. Also the term QUIBBLE (queue under infinity but beyond life expectancy)... and a big shout to Doctroid for that elegant acronym.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): ♪Living in a stalker's paradise.♪

§§FOOTNOTE (coreolis!): Big Duh.

No comments: