Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Breathe in the Healing...

...breathe out the shitfuck.

Funny related story: SIL was going to take me to the airport Tuesday morning. In order to get me there and get Tallest, Hairiest Nephew back for school, she was going to pick me up at 7:15 am.

She called around 6:45 to say THN was running a 104+ fever and was complaining of not feeling well, so she didn't think she could take me to the airport.

I hit panic mode full-stride and began calling Dad, set up a cab pick-up just in case, panicked, stubbed my toe, lost the phone, hyperventilated, used foul language...§

After I sat down for a moment, I remembered my flight was at 10:40 and I had been set to go very early, so I called the cab company and re-set the time for something more reasonable. Dad called a few minutes later and I apologised for the supersonic tenor of my voice and explained that an 8:15 pick-up would be just dandy.

[SUMMARY: Why are so many of my summaries simply, "Dork"?]

Also? I woke up like a shot at 4:30 this morning, the lightbulb over my head apparently shining too brightly for me to sleep. The piece I did for the class -- the practice needle felting piece that impressed the instructor so -- is a finished product. It is a lovely pointsettia on a white felted background.

A little light blocking, a centre for the pointsettia and some pretty framing and I'm done with the Christmas project.

[SUMMARY: *whew*]

I also found I had a before picture of the original bowl% I took at the Four Seasons, tucked in amongst the shots of the doorbell and the phone in the bathroom.#

[SUMMARY: *blush* *ahem*

Dad always said, "Panic later."

Now you know... the rest of the story.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Who did kindly offer to pay for a cab, by the way. I just don't want you to think she stranded me in any way.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Who had turned his fax the night before -- and the overriding answering machine that is part-and-parcel of the fax machine -- on and couldn't understand why he was hearing the phone ring once and no more.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): You know. The usual.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Pre-blue.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Have I mentioned I stayed at the Four Seasons?

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): I was going to say, "I'm not making this up," but I figure y'all know they put phones in fancy bathrooms and you also know by now that I am quite dork enough to make a big deal about it.

No comments: