Thursday, December 6, 2007

Houston...

...loves the Nuggets.

Seriously, I've seen dozens of Nuggets jerseys wandering the streets of here to two blocks from here.And the Four Seasons is only a couple of blocks from where the Rockets play.

Huh. Maybe those guys in Nuggets colours really were Nuggets. Maybe they were staying at the Four Seasons with me. Ooooh... possible brush with fame.

Also, every time I see Gary Kubiak on the TiVi, I have to jump back just a little, 'cause I'll never get over him being a Bronco.§

Speaking of football, the Houstan Texans logo, like Nuggets gear, is EVERYWHERE. I note that, like Broncos fans, some Texans fans don't know which direction the logo should point and it looks very odd, say, sideways on the rear window of a Suburban.

My fantasy football website is barred at this company and I must rely on the kindness of strangers% to set my team for this week. With any luck, strangers won't be my opponent this week and be tempted to trade in my running back core for Michael Vick.

[SUMMARY: I'm your dork with the sports report.]

Did I mention how lovely the weather is? And my skin is getting all pretty from this week in the not-desert climate. My hair, however, is heading# in new and exciting directions and no amount of silicone-based mousse can tame it.

[SUMMARY: Houston is opposite world.]

On the way from the airport, there was a body ornamentation barn†† with a giant billboard that said, "Tattoos! Piercings! $15."

[SUMMARY: Caught between temptation and horror once again.]

I must work now. But now you know all the important stuff about Houston.

You're welcome.



FOOTNOTE (crossed): Tanks? Tops? Blouses?

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): The grand sum total of my Houston geography.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): For those not Bronco fans (*coughKellycough*), Gary Kubiak backed up John Elway at QB for some time, then came back to coach such luminaries as Brian Griese and Jake Plummer before achieving the head coaching job for expansion team Houston. "Luminaries," for those scoring at home, is a dry, sardonic joke.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): You may not want to get me started on people who put the Bronco logo flat on its neck like the horse is rearing, rather than on its point like the horse is running as it clearly should be. I apparently have too much time on my hands and not enough to worry about and we could be here all day while I rant and foam about that particular issue.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Well, Brother... and it doesn't get much stranger than Brother. Except maybe Brother progeny.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Ha! Pun!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): I am neither indulging in hyperbole for the sake of humour nor am I making this up. It was a frickin' barn.

No comments: