Monday, June 25, 2007

Feelings, Nothing More Than Feelings...

First, I still have nobody to take to the Brown Palace. What is up with that?

[SUMMARY: feeling unpopular...]

Second, I golfed this weekend. I love hitting balls. I love that whistling swoosh, then the satisfying *thwock* when I hit a good shot. I even love whiffing the ball and being able to say, "I came up on that one. Again," like I know what I'm doing. I love my little golf glove.

I'm not overly good at golf, but I seem to have a knack, so I figure a little practise and I'm ready for the pro circuit.

[SUMMARY: feeling delusional... and, frankly, a little stiff in the back today.]

Third, I got really yummy yarn from the eca this weekend. Lookie!

Yarn too sexy for this blog, too sexy to frog...



[SUMMARY: feeling special...]



There's LOTS of the gorgeous purple sock yarn, so now I must find a good pattern§ for it. I am paralysed by the sheer force of the options available and the responsibility I feel to the yarn to make it into the best socks possible to show off all its attributes. Am I a dork or what?



[SUMMARY: feeling pressure...]


Fourth, I got the 2007 Food & Wine Annual Cookbook from my aunt and grandmother Saturday.


[SUMMARY: feeling domestic...]


Lastly, and this won't mean much to many of you, but I went to Jay's Patio Café Friday afternoon before I got my hair cut (4" off the length... FOUR INCHES), sort of late for lunch, and when I sat down with my sandwich, I noticed that the large-ish party next to me was none other than George Karl and most of the Denver Nuggets's front office discussing who they wanted to pick up in the draft, who they wanted to trade, movies, how AI would work with that NCAA problem child, self-help issues, the prevalence of high school players in sports media, food, Kobe Bryant...


I had knitting patterns with me (no lie -- lace socks. Two of 'em.#) and I pretended to be very, very interested in every little nuance of my knitting patterns as I leaned over and eavesdropped. And tried to figure how to surreptitiously photograph them. And how to surreptitiously call my brother so he could come listen.


[SUMMARY: feeling privy...]

Happy Monday. As always, the weekend update tomorrow. And trust me, with a reunion and a dinner with Grandma, you don't want to miss all the excitement!

[SUMMARY: feeling... well, Monday...]


FOOTNOTE (crossed): For those of you scoring at home, it's from Fearless Fibers on Etsy. It's boingy, it's over 500 yards (which means I can knit almost any socks in the world, and even knee-highs and any variety of lace or cables... *breatheinthebag* ...so many choices) and it's PURPLE.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Pay no attention to the blur! And pay no attention to the fact I deleted the big shot where you can see the label and everything! I'm a wreck! Take my car keys! Be my new best friend! Go to the Brown Palace with me!

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Who am I kidding? I must find the PERFECT pattern. Any ideas? Bueller? Bueller?

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Two sock patterns. Not patterns for two socks. Y'all know. But I can hear my snide little brother saying, "Um... aren't socks usually in twos?"

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): And maybe translate.

Blogger will not let me fix the spacing. I've tried. On behalf of Blogger, I'd like to apologise. I, personally, would never do this to you.

No comments: