From my front porch last night
Doesn't get out much
Good things that happened yesterday:
- The arrival of several skeins of Noro and a big ol' hank of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn from the The Yarn and Fiber Company
- Good lunch with a good friend who hugged me in person, which, even on a good day is a lovely proposition
- Discovering a new sock yarn
- Discovering my neighbour's zen bunny fountain
- Knit Therapy at Sylvia's House of Fuzzy Crack... with really, really, really good margaritas provided courtesy of Susie, the Naughty Librarian
- Look up. Did you see that sky?
- Knowing I'd wake up and it would be a new day. Specifically, Friday.‡
Thank you so for jumping in on the desperate request for hugs yesterday.
You know, some days just suck -- little stuff, big stuff, stuff that isn't even yours† to worry about but you have to anyway, tiny little things that (in the mirror) are larger than they appear, someone dies, you stub your toe, nobody wants to warm your bed or hold your hand, the sock yarn hank is all wonky on one side and you really need it to be perfect, someone else dies, allergies are acting up, tragedies not yours still traumatise you, your forgot your fucking wallet again, you're hormonal, someone is Diagnosed-with-a-capital-D, you have more friends absent than present, what the hell is up with your hair, the yarn from Canada STILL hasn't come... and there just aren't enough C batteries or bottles of Grey Goose in the world to take the knots out of your mind and your soul and your heart and your neck and your babymaker -- and there's not much you can do but ride that sucky, sucky wave and let it take you on to the next good day.
Estes Park Wool Market is this weekend. Just guess the good day...
I love you all. Have a splendid weekend.
†FOOTNOTE (crossed): And by "yours," I mean "mine."
‡FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Don't cry for me, Blogentina