Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Kitty Toys

1 Day to Harlot

Yesterday, I went to see Sylvia and bought this:



To make this:**



For Krista, whose due date is my birthday. Not that that will happen, mind you, but at least I remember her due date. Like I *didn't* remember my wallet this morning, but for a better reason.

[SUMMARY: How much yarn is too much yarn?]

I had a little soreness in my left hand all day yesterday. You know how I stare at an envelope for ten minutes trying to suss out who it's from or what it is rather than just opening the damned thing? I didn't look at my hand until about 10:00 that night and saw this:



Of course, I leapt out of bed, flinging the Yarn Harlot book at the cat, and ran dowstairs to take a picture. 'Cause I know y'all wanted to see. See that purple band at the first knuckle of my ring finger?

Here, let me get closer for you:



This is a knitting injury. I tend to be intense with my hands, but this is a new high. Or low, depending on your perspective.

I've heard it said, but it bears revisiting: it is hard to take pictures of your hand by yourself.

This morning, the injury has blossomed into a double rainbow of bruising above and below the joint. I do wonder what I did different to cause this new twist in my knitting life.

[SUMMARY: How much knitting is too much knitting?]

Today: baseball.

I'm out...**

**FOOTNOTE (asterisked): Isn't it pretty in girl colours? Why are none of my friends and family having girls so I can make the Easter egg-coloured blanket?

**FOOTNOTE (asterisked): ...and hopefully the DBacks are out. A lot.

No comments: