Friday, February 20, 2009

Knitta's Paradise

Miscellaneous knit shipments you need to know about.

[SUMMARY: Late-breaking news.]

Yarn from Knit! on Etsy:





Extravagance Sock Yarn in Sapphire.
*63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon, 2% Silver
*Fingering Weight
*415 Yards
*Machine Wash/Tumble Dry Low
*7-8 stitches/inch on US 1-3 needles

It's superwash and it's sparkly and it's named after a rock. What more could you ask for?

The last shipment of the first round§ of the Black Bunny Yarn Club:





Black Bunny 100% Silk in Brown Tourmaline.
*DK Weight
*260 Yards
*I wouldn't put this in the washer and dryer unless I was making a hilarious YouTube video.

It's silk and it's glowy and it's named after a rock.

[SUMMARY: Shiny!]

And from Bob and Nancy%:





Finally! My Addi Clicks that I ordered in October, the second I heard there would be such a thing.

[SUMMARY: Early adoption is its own punishment.]

I'm going to review them, along with a bargain set of needles, next week. For now, let's just look at the pretty pictures.

For those who are wondering, I did have the very pointed, very conscious# thought that perhaps I should stop buying knitting stuff and actually knit something with the stuff I have.

But what if I'm the only thing shoring up whole sectors of the economy?††

FRACAS UPDATE: I washed my face last night. I showered this morning. My left wrist still smells like modern-day Fracas. The right wrist was nothing but a misty, watercolour mem'ry of white flowers by the time I got home from work last night.

The good thing about the left wrist: perfumes that last a long time are good.

The bad thing about the left wrist: perfumes that won't go away after you wash them with soap and water‡‡ are liable to overstay their welcome. Good thing I like it.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): If you don't know, how can you want?

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Rocks friends.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): I've won my bracket, however, and am moving on to Round Two.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): If you Google "Bob and Nancy addi," the third through fifth things that pop up are a daredevil archery duo named Bob and Nancy. You can buy a DVD of their death-defying act.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Knitting needles... pointed... I crack me up.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Conscious thoughts help validate all the unconscious ones.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Yarn, books, perfume, cable TiVi, chocolate, cell phones, fine dining, ice cream...

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Twice!

No comments: