Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Titian ROFLHAO in His Grave

Once upon a time, when I was a theatre rat, I was in a play with a woman with a nine-year-old son. His name was Jakey Lee (like Jake E. Lee, the Ozzy Osbourne guitarist. And, yes, that was deliberate). Jakey came to rehearsals when his dad couldn't take him for an evening and we got to be pals because I get along with little boys in a totally non-creepy way.

One night, Jake announced he had to do homework, then went to find his backpack... which was missing. He came running to me, "Where's my backpack? I need my backpack? It's not funny! Where did you put it?"

"Jake," I said, "I don't have your backpack. I haven't seen it tonight. Why do you think I had anything to do with your backpack disappearing?"

The frantic, near-tears Jake wailed, "Because the redhead ALWAYS steals the backpack!"

Still one of my favourite phrases ever.

I still don't have my yarn and I didn't do a lot of knitting last night (two rows on the Stupid Blanket and four on the Heathers**). But I did gift you with the redhead saying. Use it! Love it! Amaze your friends!

[SUMMARY: Is this a record? Shortest. Post. Ever.]

*************

For those in Denver-ish, two events at the Tattered Cover:

I know y'all know about the Yarn Harlot's maiden voyage to our fair city (KNITTAS REPRESENT!) on April 5th (LoDo Tattered Cover), but I just noticed Anne Lamott (of Bird by Bird) is going to be at that self-same TC on April 4th. I suspect she's amazing in person. She reminds me of a literary version of Ani DiFranco. And it's not just the hair.

[SUMMARY: Oooooh! Look how Linky!]

**FOOTNOTE (asterisked): "Now Tracey, let's not rehash the coroner's report. Let's talk emotions." Still funny after all these posts.

No comments: