Sunday, May 20, 2007

Flash My Stash for SP10

Oh, for fuck's sake...

You know how I'm a dork and a little fuzzy around the edges and can't count to four and really quite old?

Well, Red and I went for a hike today. I had too many things in my hands and wanted to change from my dusty, cloying, sweat-laced shoe-n-socks to my sandals. So I put my camera on top of my car.

Y'all can see where this is headed, yes?

I can't believe it. On the one hand, I paid $700 for the fucking camera when it was brand new and the latest thing going. Granted, three years ago. As you know, this means they give them away with breakfast cereal these days.

To be honest, though, it's been pissing me off lately. This may be a battery issue rather than a camera issue, but...

And I've thought more than a few times about buying a more compact camera. I even mentioned that to Red not a half-hour before I jettisoned the camera.
Now I have my chance.

Of course, I lost the lovely wildflower shots from today. And the weaving worms. And the other cutest-little-cream-coloured Mini parked right next to my Cutest Little Car in the Whole Wide World in the parking lot at the trailhead. But Red has one of those. She'll share. I know she will, even if it takes a promise of crockpot dyeing to do it.

Oh, fuck, though. Losing a major piece of techmology because YOU SET IT ON THE ROOF OF THE FUCKING CAR.

Um... embarrassing. Upsetting. Take my car keys from me, I shouldn't be allowed to drive.

And SUCH a hinderance to the concept of Flashing my Stash for the SP10 contest.

I am nothing if not resourceful, though (it's a redhead thing, Red agrees). I am recycling my stash from a couple of weekends ago and hoping the SP10 police will accept it, 'specially in light of my total bereavement over my camera (it had a 2 GB CARD IN IT. I lost the capability for 2 GB OF KNITTING PICTURES.)

Here is my stash (+/-) from a couple of weeks ago. It looks pretty much the same, but with the addition of a half-dozen books and at least 10 skeins of sock yarn.

Forgive me. I am a dork and I am old.

I did, however get carded at Patrick Carroll's when ordering a beer Saturday night. Apparently, I have very good skin.

All you ProActive hos eat your hearts out.

Livknitting Room stash, pre-cleaning


Yarn Room Stash, pre-clean


Nice, neat, Livknitting Room Stash, mostly clean, less Lorna's Laces, Rabbitch yarn and bamboo stuff I just bought from Sylvia's House of Fuzzy Crack

No comments: