Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sex and Spas and Sticks and Strings

I'm terribly busy and cheating on today's post by making Sarah write it for me. In the comments, Sarah said:

Come on, tell us about the sex! It's been 24 hours. I think we've waited long enough. (I am a boring smug-married, so I like stories.)

Oh, and ... the blanket looks really beautiful! Seriously! I think the differences in stripe placement make it look like a Navajo blanket or something expensive one might purchase in the Southwest on a spa vacation..... yes that's it. A spa vacation.

Uhm, can you por favor tell us why you chose to use linen stitch for a blanket? (Did I miss that somewhere, or is it just implied by virtue of Stupid Blanket's nomenclature?)

*************

Dear Sarah (and anyone else who's interested),

Sex tommorrow, sex yesterday, never sex today...

Sorry, very busy at work. But I PROMISE sex tomorrow. Well, there wasn't any actual sex... I'll try to make it as lusty as I can.

And the garage door was funny and a little prurient.

Linen stitch is really what *makes* Stupid Blanket stupid; I don't like most variegated yarns (flashing, pooling, all that) but I found a pattern using linen stitch w/variegated yarn and it's really cool. All woven and classy lookin'. So when my beloved cousin picked this yarn for her baby's blanket, I thought, "Variegated! I can use linen stitch!"

Please keep in mind that 1) I had knit about three square inches of linen stitch and didn't realise the implication of forty acres of stupid, and 2) I didn't know it was actually more of a striping yarn than a short-repeat variegate that would look all woven and classy in linen stitch.

By the time I had realised how stupid it all was, It was a little late. My brother even suggested switching to something else in the middle and using the linen stitch on both ends, but everything I tried got too busy (there's also a leaf/lace pattern border in solid grey that will be added when the body of Stupid Blanket is done).

And now I have too much pride to be beaten by something I've called Stupid for the last three months. It will be finished soon. I have faith. In the meantime, I have the southwest spa concept to keep me going (thank you).

Really, Sex Toy and the garage door tomorrow.

Love,
Marin

No comments: