Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yes, Damnit, I'm Smarter Than a Fifth Grader!

Was it my customary prolixity? Or maybe my rampant solecism?

blog readability test


Could the damned thing even recognise solecism if it was bitten by solecism on its elementary school-going ass?

How many big words does one have to use to get a collegiate rating?

I found this on Iron Needles and got all cocky and hubris-like and plugged in my URL and...

Voilà!§ I'm an imbecile!

*sniff*

Kim says I'm smart. Kim even praised my lexical prowess.# And she thinks I'm funny. Does the damned elementary school thing even know from funny?

I bet Kim gets mad reading level points for "lexical."


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Perhaps it's marking me down for British spellings.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Hubris! I use the word "hubris" ALL THE TIME! That's not an elementary school word!

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): How many people take the time and care to make sure to use a grave accent in "voilà"? Not an elementary school student, that's how many!

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Shouldn't "imbecile" raise me to at least middle school level?

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): I can spell "lexical." Huh. Maybe the damned elementary school thing heard about my spelling be debacle. Debacle's a pretty good word...

No comments: