Monday, March 10, 2008

Your Turn

111

Confession: after six tries.

I know this many countries. I know more. But when faced with the timed challenge, I choke and blurt and stall and freeze and flail.

I try to approach it in an organised fashion, going by continent or north to south.

I usually end up doing a whole bunch of A countries, a pile of B countries and somehow can only come up with the Cayman Islands for C countries, finally banging about the world in a completely frantic manner.

All thanks to Eddie Izzard, I never miss Burundi.

I usually end up in the 75 range, covering completely different countries than the last go-'round. And the go-'round before that.

And I usually spend the last 40 seconds or so goggling at the screen like a guppy.

When it's all said and done, I feel like a moron because I forgot, say, MEXICO.

But y'all have fun. And just because you didn't know the Ross Dependency is considered a country, y'all aren't a moron.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Zimbabwe! Tobago! Belize! Antarctica! Wait... Antarctica's considered a country?!

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Doing the math, I should probably be able to name 225 countries in any one sitting, time allowing. But I'm only allowed to know 75 countries at any given moment. Apparently.

No comments: