Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dear eBeth,

I didn't forget your birthday. Angel-eek could vouch for me saying, "It's my sister-in-law's birthday! I *have* to call her when I get home!" But it was after 9:00 and your father-in-law instilled a pretty strong "not after 9:00" mechanism in me that I can only override with specific people after specific permission.

And you know what? I don't know how old you are. I think I've asked your husband ten or eleventy billion times, but the information just seeps out the back of my head, even as it's coming in my ears. So you can be how ever old you want with me. I'll believe you, even if I won't remember.

So, belated by a day, but no less enthusiastic, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for feeding me and listening to me† and providing a key ingredient in my nephews. Thank you for being my friend and my brother's keeper and the best sister-in-law a girl could hope to have.

XOXO
M


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Particulary that *one night*... you know, the snot-blowing, blubbering, wailing night. That was above and beyond, so thanks. Now let us not speak of it again. Marin doesn't cry about stupid boys.

No comments: