Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Touch My Monkey



Go on... you know you want to.

In other intarsia news, I am frogging Brother's Father's Day Arrrgyles. Not all the way... not even back to dick warmer. Just enough to get rid of the colourwork I've already done.

While I stand fast to the idea that you can do unstranded colourwork in the round, I am conceding you probably shouldn't.

After my test Arrrgyle and after the operative part of the Monkey Pack, I believe it will go a LOT faster if I just work the picture portion flat.

I'm still debating with myself as to whether to try to do it completely flat, sew it into a tube, then graft it onto the sock part... or just start working back and forth on the existing sock, sewing up the back when I'm done.

[SUMMARY: Too many options, too little experience.]

And the red silk thing is holding steady at 5", no matter how hard I knit on it.§

[SUMMARY: Still a knitblog!]

Let's just be twelve today and not think of silly things like objects in the mirror that aren't as large as they appear and taxes and werk...


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Note to Brother: That's the "rip it, rip it" thing.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): That would be the monkey.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): So many opportunities for Brainless Twelvehood, I hardly know where to start...

No comments: