I have a handful of pictures I took off the camera last night, and I can't tell you how proud I am of myself.
Not just 'cause of the photo thing, either.
I had brunch with the Breakfast Club† yesterday, then actually ran some errands, filled CLCWWW's tank‡ and went home to tidy up, do laundry and -- yes -- offload the pictures from my camera.
None of this may seem particularly noteworthy to you, but you have to understand:
- I got up for breakfast. I even drove, which means I put in that extra effort AND my front seat was empty enough to carry another person.§
- I ran errands instead of reverting to my natural ass-on-chair state.
- I filled the car instead of talking myself into waiting until today, when the indicator would have been flashing red lights and probably screaming at me and I might have even whined my way out of doing it on the way to work then I would have been sweating the couple of miles to the gas station after work and it would have been stressful.¶
- I repeat: I do not clean unless I have a good reason. "It's dirty" really isn't sufficient motivation for me.
- I love doing laundry, but it does require some time commitment, however ass-on-couch that commitment may be. Also? I did clothes AND sheets yesterday, where I usually do one on Sunday and one on Monday. Or Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or next week... I can wear my prom dress to work, right?
- I don't know how other people do it, but I have to power up the Olympus software, transfer the photos from the camera to albums therein, copy the ones I want to a folder called "blogstuff" on my desktop, run them through Corel Photo to make them smaller than 42" wide and sharpen them up for the Innernets, then upload them to Blogger. It takes a long time.
Also oddly chipper for a Monday.‡‡
Also? I packed my breakfast AND my lunch.
[SUMMARY: Sometimes it's the little things...]
I will be approaching this week's blogfodder in a somewhat logical manner.§§
[SUMMARY: Saintly, flush and clever!]
For today's offering, we will have a brief recap of what happened Out My Office Window last week.
Uncharacteristically, there will be no cranes.
The copy place up the street apparently got a bunch of new copiers.
And celebrated by painting new four square courts in the alley...
...and indulging in a company-wide four square tournament.
Friday, there was a man with a kilt.¶¶
There was also the customary home-opener fly-over% by some branch of the military with really sleek, fast jets that made my chair vibrate in a most pleasant way, but I was too busy watching## to take a picture.
[SUMMARY: Use your imagination.]
And isn't that what life's all about? Enjoying instead of documenting?†††
Says the blogger who just told you all about her laundry habits.
Remember: there will be knitting, if you stick around long enough. And that will make it all better.
†FOOTNOTE (crossed): You know them as Bag Lady Kathryn and Angel-eek.
‡FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Premium! Ouch!
§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Hey, single contractor people living alone don't have cars, they have rolling file cabinets. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
¶FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I frequently run my gas tank to white-knuckle level; always have. The fact that I've almost never run out of gas on the freeway made that one time I did shocking in the extreme. Oh, look at me not learning my lesson.
#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Sarah? Are you still keeping score?
††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): 'Cause, y'all know -- full gas tank, full fridge, full complement of clean clothes, tidy living room, healthy and cheap food for the day... I'm rich!
‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): I'm blaming it on barometric pressure.
§§FOOTNOTE (hey, is this room spinning or is it just me?): Mostly driven by the fact that, while I cleaned off my camera, there is a whole set of photos I haven't Corel'd yet. I'm going to pretend to do this in sort of chronological order while buying myself time to use the time I would have used on laundry tonight on Corelling my photos so I can show you some knitting later this week. And dyeing!
¶¶FOOTNOTE (ball clubs): I'm sure he was heading for Coors Field for some sort of opening day festivities, but I like to close my eyes and fantasise that he was just this guy... in a kilt... on a workday... in downtown Denver.
##FOOTNOTE (pounded like jado juice): And vibrating!
%FOOTNOTE (percented): In case I didn't feel like mentioning it, the Rox lost the home opener 8 to 1 and proceeded to get swept. I don't want to talk about it. Could we talk about how they won the season opener in St. Louis instead?
†††FOOTNOTE (triple dip! wait, what did you call me?): A coat of shiny self-help shellac on the fact that I completely forgot to grab my camera when Hans said, "Look out your window! The fly-over is coming!"