Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ho.

Hum.

And Happy Tuesday.

Other than the fact that I cast on yet another project this weekend, I don't have a lot of knitting news. I knat a lot this weekend, and I guess I could inundate you with WIP pictures, but that's mostly boring. At least the new scarf isn't blue.

About a month ago, I bought a portable evaporative cooler to replace one that stopped working. It worked so well, a week ago I bought a second one for my bedroom. The week-old cooler broke down Sunday mid-day and now I have to wedge "return defective cooler to Home Depot" into my busy schedule. 'Cause it's finally getting hot in Denverish.

My grandmother (Mom's mom) died Sunday night. Dad and I are going to Wisconsin Sunday for the funeral on Monday.

In a fit of madness, I signed up with Match.com. Men from all over Louisiana are contacting me and I can't figure out why.

My birthday is Friday. I feel way, way older this year than last. I think it's the damned dance club episode.

Rush. I'm seeing Rush at Red Rocks tomorrow night. I'm kinda excited, but getting six or eight people to agree on a carpooling schedule is like trying to get six kids to agree on pizza toppings.

I inadvertently finished most of my Christmas shopping.

I'm hostessing (sort of) a Nintendo party Saturday night. But that's a story for tomorrow or the next day. That way there's at least one blogpost this week that doesn't feature an ass-bearing quiz or a bunch of mumbling.

While we did get a new billboard Friday, there has been frighteningly little to entertain Hans and me out the office window. Still no crane; still no arms on the 1999.

I can't even tell you my current favourite joke because it has to be heard to be funny.

See? This is what happens when football, hockey and basketball end. The long, dark days of summer are upon us.

Can you feel the ennui in the air?

No comments: