Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Pig of My Own




This was my desk:




See that yellow spongy thing next to my mouse? That's a sample of Tempur-Pedic™ foam I got specifically to cushion my poor, abused wrist on long mousing days.

Then my life changed forever.

Kim, lover of Hugh Laurie, hip mom, charter member of the AntiM Imaginary Friends Community and one of the twelvest twelve-year-olds I know, sent me this§:




With a note with the secret twelvehood password:




The instructions are kinda funny, but I really love that a glow-in-the-dark pig with 45 hearts is suitable for professionals.




Awwwww... wookat da piggie...




So now my desk has changed. My world is brighter,# my outlook is better...




...and on slow days I can spend a lot of time doing this%:




A big, happy thank you to Kim, who had to wait while I proved my parents never taught me any manners at all†† by not letting her know I'd received the piggie and put him‡‡ to good use. So also a big apology to Kim. It is one of the coolest things I own§§ and I love it and thank you thank you thank you!


FOOTNOTE (crossed): And, in the name of knitblog, notice the Knit Picks catalog peeking out from my legal pad.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I thought it was a very clever solution, and when the Tempu-Pedic™ people send me sales mail, I just throw them away.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Marvel at the perfection. It's a pig. It cushions my wrist. It GLOWS IN THE DARK. And it has 45 hearts. I counted. Also note: it's part of a series. How bad do you want to see the rest of that series?




FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Did you notice how photogenic the piggie is?

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): It has to be... it glows in the dark!

%FOOTNOTE (percented): *ahem* I believe this makes two movies of Marin's hands manipulating novelty pigs. 1) It's probably already a world record, 2) if The Boy isn't careful, his name may change to Novelty Pig and 3) doesn't "manipulating the pig" sound naughty?

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): The discourtesy against Kim only compounded by the fact that I only check my mail about once a week.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Yes, him. Despite the 45 pink hearts. Pigs and spiders tend to be "hims."

§§FOOTNOTE (and then I got all turned around and...): And I have a big HD TiVi and a cat.

No comments: