Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lorenzo Saves a Barfly




Some days, a meme is just what I need.

Structure.

Guidance.

Further validation of my presence on the innernets.

The Honest Scrap Award is simple:

Say 10 honest things about yourself, pass it on to seven people. Lorenzo Laurie tagged me.

Now, Laurie's cat was the honest scrap in her blog. Does this mean, I wondered, that I should have Quill, the Cat for Scale, do this? Or should I do it?

Being much like King Solomon,§ I decided to do five Quill honest scraps and five me honest scraps. The lucky souls I tag can interpret the rules any way they choose.

Quill:

1. Despite the fact that I regularly rake the door jamb of the powder room, my claws are too long.

2. I can't eat canned food without getting a whole glob of it on my nose.

3. I don't get the fascination with yarn, but circular needles are the best kitty toy ever.

4. She makes me jump for treats. Secretly, I like it.

5. I'm mostly deaf, so I can't hear when you say, "No!"

Marin:

1. Despite the fact that I regularly chip them on work files, knitting, spontaneously while driving... my claws are too long.

2. I can't eat lunch without leaving a memento of the occasion on my shirt.

3. I don't know why anybody would knit with anything but circular needles. They're the best knitting invention ever.

4. I pretend that making the cat jump for treats is a training exercise. Secretly, I feel wicked# doing it.

5. I am fully capable of slipping into a knitting-/reading-/thinking-/gazing-induced trance, so I can't hear you when you say, "No!"

OK, who wants it? Nathan -- take a break from perfumery? Tani†† -- you never do any of these things. Jayne -- ditto. Patrick would be funny if he actually did it, but will probably sneer at the whole idea of being tagged. Ally, we haven't done this in the longest time. Sylvia can answer for the House of Fuzzy Crack‡‡ if she wants. And... The Pollyannas.§§


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Something I need deeply and on a daily basis.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Know how I have a book problem? Some of my book problem is a subset of my research problem. If I can't be a saint by the time I die, my Plan B is to know everything. So, yeah, I researched the issue.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): In my own mind.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Horizontal surface, dontcha know.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): And sometimes a little guilty. He's 18 -- I probably have no non-sadistic reason for trying to make any an old cat learn any new tricks.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Whose blog is a biiiiig secret.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): If I can do my fuzzy-wuzzy, she can do her fuzzy-wuzzy.

§§FOOTNOTE (two Pollyannas in one!): Who I am now conveniently counting as one, but who can do a tag-team response, maybe including their respective cats.

No comments: