Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Ending

TTHFCIF

No, not that kind of happy ending... just a quick follow-up to the saga of Dr. Doom and the Forbidden Princess Love for those of you who don't follow the comments.

eBeth tells me Dr. Doom took the princesses to swim lessons the other day. There were five little boys circled around the seven princesses, oohing and ahhing.




[SUMMARY: A mental image to do your heart some good.]

I have just+ developed a theory on sanity.§

I know most people mutter to themselves now and then. I suspect most people also argue with their computers, yell at their TiVis and/or baby-talk their pets.

I do all these, but I have also been known to inadvertently have whole conversations,% out loud, by myself in the grocery store.^

My theory? It helps maintain sanity. If you let the voices in your head out, they don't build up to the point where your dog talks back to you and you have to kill cheerleaders.@

[SUMMARY: Justification!]

Today's perfume review will be brief.

BPAL's Blood Kiss, so promising in description, smells like a well-kept porta-potty. The first whiff was very medicinal, that camphor smell I've decided indicates benzoin. Then a sweet smell like the perfume used on toilet paper blossoms and it smells exactly like urine trying to be overpowered by that thick, cloying, blue porta-potty deodoriser.

Bleah. And I was so looking forward to the clove and cherries.

The note of urine# has diminished over the hours and I'm left with toilet paper, which is not an unpleasant smell, but not something to which I aspire.

I have to go wash my wrists now.

BPAL says: Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb†† of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Hans says: Candle wax. Specifically pumpkin.‡‡

Apparently, Hans can smell the cloves.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): You are such a pervert. You are *so* twelve.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): And I don't know why you don't. The comments are way more entertaining than the blog that generates them.

+FOOTNOTE (plussed): Breaking news!

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): With the help of my client/supervisor. It's good to have the people signing off on your invoices on the same page with you when it comes to crazy.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): In my defense, I'm usually rehearsing in my head what I want to say to someone -- generally someone with whom I'm annoyed -- and I'm concentrating so hard it just trickles out and I don't even realise I'm talking until someone goggles at me in the bread aisle.

^FOOTNOTE (careted): Or street. Or hallway. Or bathroom.

@FOOTNOTE (atted): Nothing against cheerleaders, per se. Just the first thing that popped into my head.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I tried to find a different word, but the thesaurus doesn't even have cloying and is pretty sparse on "cloy."

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Which I'm assuming is from the vetiver, which I'm told is woody and smoky. I'm also assuming it's not deliberate.

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): It's no fair. They used the word "throb." How was I supposed to resist when they used the word "throb"?

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Hans also says there's nothing wrong with boys liking Disney princesses. Hans likes Disney princesses. Disney princesses have nice boobs.

No comments: