Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Question 7

What is (are) your favorite place(s) to knit? and What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

First question:

I love to knit at the bars. There's beer and company and the distraction of dinner and beer.

I love to knit in my recliner in front of the TiVi. I saw a brain-scan study once where they showed a person's brain doing some puzzle activity,§ then that same person's brain watching TiVi, then that same person's brain watching TiVi while knitting.#

I rest my case. I don't watch too much TiVi, I'm fighting brain rot on a daily basis.

And I particularly love knitting during football season. Curled up for hours in front of the TiVi, often with beer and company and the distraction of dinner and beer. So the best of all possible worlds.

Second question:

I'm going to have to say, "Beer and TiVi," Bob.††


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Patrick Carroll's and now the re-vamped Billy's Inn, new home of Cute Christopher. The lighting's better, the food is better, but it's a longer walk home from Billy's than Patrick's and Billy's isn't right across from Sylvia's House of Fuzzy Crack. So for now we're splitting our time.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Can substitute wine, vodka or hard cider.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Red and active!

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Dark and cold!

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Even activer than doing a puzzle!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): Didn't see that one coming, did you?

No comments: