Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Question 6

What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

If you'd like to share a story…Tell us about a time that you packedtoo much knitting or were stranded without knitting.

Well, socks. Clearly. So light, so portable, and as I've always said, if it looks like you're taming a porcupine in your lap, your seatmate on the airplane is much less likely to tell you about his sales trip to Cleveland.

Scarves run a close second, being also smallish and portablish

I suppose I always pack "too much" knitting, since I generally have more projects with me than I actually work on. But can you ever have too much knitting?§

I'm never stranded without knitting on a trip. Packing a variety of projects is too firmly engrained in me. I'll end up in darkest Africa without a toothbrush, but with two sweaters, three pairs of socks, a scarf and two balls of random yarn.

The DMV is another story.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Actually, what I say is, "If you look like you're taming a porcupine in your lap, people are far less likely to fuck with you." But I'm trying to be nice. Secret Pal is such a wholesome little pursuit.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): At least the way I do it. I can think of a couple of scarves that wouldn't be. *coughKathrynAlexandercough*

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): OK, yeah, you don't have ROOM for that toothbrush in darkest Africa since you brought eleventy-three different sweater kits...

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Heheheheh "...stranded without knitting." Pun!

No comments: