Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Question 4

The "perfect sized" stash was a tough question for many of you to answer. Maybe these stash related questions will be easier:

1) What yarn (that you don't have/haven't used) would make your stash"complete"?

2) What yarn do you never want to be without?

1) Well, now... is a stash ever really complete? There are currently two yarns I'm lusting after: Wollmeise and Therapi.

Wollmeise because I've admired certain patterns and the rich, rich colours for a long time. I almost bought a skein or two, but having to get it from Germany and paying a premium and the shipping and the no instant gratification and... and I missed the opportunity, since there are now issues. And no Wollmeise has been available for a long time and maybe for a long time yet.

You *know* the scarcity only makes me want it more.

Therapi just trips my trigger 'cause it's made with 30% rocks. Jade. And Syl has a sample at the House of Fuzzy Crack and it feels like an iron fist in a velvet glove. So soft, so strong. And did I mention rock? Rock on, SWTC. Rock on.

2) I bet I'm not the only person to answer thus§: sock yarn. Lovely, useful, portable, pretty, always-has-a-project sock yarn.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Yeah, I'm getting all solipsistic and kinda intellectual jackass because I'm waffling. I'll say, "Ah..." and chew on the stem of my glasses with a smug look on my face any minute now.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Rocks friends.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): In fact, if less than 60% of the people vote for sock yarn, I'd be flabbergasted.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Funny, in college, my retail therapy was to buy socks because they were smallish, you could get cool colours and designs, they didn't cost a bunch and they always made me smile. Now it's sock yarn. Perhaps I have a foot fetish. Or just a sock fetish.

No comments: