Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mystery Stitch

Rather than take pictures of yarn to make you feel better last night, I finished a project to make me feel better.

[SUMMARY: Selfish!]

But all is not lost. In the ongoing Quantity Over Quality campaign here at the Rickety Blog, I do have a brief little knitingish post for you.

Does anybody know what stitch this is, and/or where I can find instructions?






I'm probably lucky I actually have a Nordstrom credit card§ -- it goes a long way toward keeping them from calling mall security when I drag a sweater around looking for the proper contrasting background and then start snapping photos right there in the Narrative department.

[SUMMARY: Ugly American, pretty knitting.]

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Perhaps I will have pictures tomorrow. Miracles do happen, and I'm just the saint-in-training to do them.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Don't think I haven't noticed. And I'm just sick about it.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): It's making me crazy. I feel I *should* be able to just figure it out on my own. The openwork is a basic fagot stitch, but are there twisted stitches around it? Is that a purl stitch in between?

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Which I wear in a clear pocket on a lanyard 'round my neck so there's no mistaking I am a customer to be reckoned with.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): Which would be... what? Seven saint points? Eight?

No comments: