Saturday, January 3, 2009

Things I Learned in 2008

  • Journalistically speaking, it's "lede," not "lead."
  • Page views still go up every time Tommy makes an appearance.
  • Intarsia in the round is way harder (or lumpier) than it looked in my head.
  • The 2008 Broncos aren't worth the knitting they're printed on.
  • I am a medical rock star.
  • There are more heels on heaven and earth, Marin, than were dreamt of in your philosophy.
  • You can put a skull on almost anything.
  • There is still room in this world for new poker games.
  • There are no Ns in "dilemma." Yet, there is no particular shame in believing there is.
  • Perfume is educational.
  • I want to go to Slovenia. They have pig stamps.
  • I have a trees vs. forest problem. It's really easy to ignore the big picture when one little, nagging, tiny ping keeps echoing through my head.
  • If you build it, they may not come anyway.
  • I'm not as smart as I think I am.
  • It may take more than one year to make saint.
  • I really, truly love my job. And my career.
  • Going dancing is a young person's game.
  • Open access to up-to-the-minute news is not necessarily a good thing.
  • Politics can be fun.
  • Cat for Scale is deaf -- or maybe victim of extreme ear wax. This probably doesn't affect his life much.
  • Life is too short.
  • Hans is a really good sport.
  • No comments: