Friday, August 24, 2007

For the Duh of the Game

How long do you think it will take before the Duh thing gets old? You guys should have a pool.

TTHFCIF

And, heilige katzen? Guide me, make me strong. Don't let me sit, helpless, at the Cider Moon shop tomorrow morning, clicking "refresh" over and over, hoping for a glimpse and maybe a bite of the "range of one of a kind colors available in Glacier, Flurry, Icicle, and Blizzard" promised in this latest newsletter.

Give me the strength to leave the credit card upstairs and simply enjoy the pretty pictures for their artistic beauty and not covet my neighbour's stash. Particularly when my "neighbour" in this particular case is a frickin' shop owner who has a vested interest in my weak and covetous nature and the fibre to support it.

And, for fuck's sake, keep the "one really cool dark-green/purpley color called Borneo. But you'll just have to wait to see that one tomorrow" away from me.

I don't. need. more. yarn.

Or, if I think I do, please remind me that the first shipment from the Seven Deadly Sins Sock Club is on its way.

Amen.

[SUMMARY: Hallelujah and pass the Addis.]

*************

It is Tallest, Hairiest Nephew's birthday weekend. He will be seven on Wednesday.

In trying to ascertain what he would like, I became fixated on something called Fly Wheels, probably because it was the one thing he not only mentioned, but demonstrated at great length.

Fly Wheels, it turns out, are not a single toy, nor a homogenous product. Fly Wheels is a series of randomly-related toys. In fact, the only thing the various Fly Wheels have in common is one of those shudder-bar rip-cord things to power them.

When I whined helplessly to eBeth about the overwhelming number of Fly Wheels on the Innernets and how I had to find just the right one,$ she said, "I find them at Target all the time. Really, he's easy. If you find something like it and look on the shelf next to it, he'd probably like that toy too."

eBeth shared this story with Tallest, Hairiest Nephew, who thought it was pretty funny, in light of its predictably obsessive charm.&

They continued on to speculate that AntiM would *probably* get him a book too.%

Apparently, making fun of AntiM's little quirks is a competitive sport in the Brother household.

[SUMMARY: There should be an AntiM board game.]

Whoa.^ I think I just got an idea for a Christmas project.

*************

No pictures. The camera battery died yesterday when I went to pick up CLCWWW from her exile to the outdoor parking lot and I had to take a couple of shots of the big crane§ on the new One Lincoln building.

Which was a crying shame, particularly since I forgot to put the battery in the charger last night, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the Perfect Petal trunk show and evil Amber liqueur.

But the fact of my neglect was brought home at... oh, one o'clock? when the biblical storm hit and I didn't have a camera to take a picture of the flash flood (complete with hail)# in the alley and street.

This morning, all was fresh and green and cool and ever-so-slightly damp, but no sign of the tempest that disturbed my sleep and soaked my carpet.

[SUMMARY: Short. Sweet. Wet. Just like your dear ol' AntiM.]

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter.

And have a lovely weekend.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): *moan* one-of-a-kind...

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): She's fine, thank you for asking. After last year's fiasco, I know how to dry out my car. No muss, no fuss, no mold, no mildew. Breaking down a Mini Cooper headliner is a niche skill, but one that works for me.

$FOOTNOTE (moneyed): Though none I found on the Innernets looked to me to be anything like what Tallest, Hairiest Nephew demo'd for me. Other than the shudder-bar rip-cord thingy.

&FOOTNOTE (ampersanded): "Charm" may be solely my conceit. I may just be predictable and obsessive. I don't think my brother should be allowed to weigh in on this.

%FOOTNOTE (percented): Which has nothing to do, I'm sure, with the fact that the nephews get books from me for ALL the major holidays, including Flag Day, Columbus Day, Arbor Day and Tuesday.

^FOOTNOTE (careted): ...whoa, you got the best of my duh...

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Big, um... but size doesn't count.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): A charming maple-flavoured scotch sampled last night at the Coral Room (formerly known as "Favourite Bar") that left me fuzzy and warm and hallucinating for hours after only three mouthsful. Dangerous stuff.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Seriously, it looked like the water glasses of a hundred thousand upscale restaurants had been emptied of their contents in one mad whoosh.

No comments: